Artist Portfolio Magazine’s 20 Art Competition
I work in various mediums ranging from water color, acrylics, calligraphic brushstroke and encaustics.
My pieces are usually bold and passionate with the hope of playing the part of provocateur… bringing a sense of authentic presence into each piece, like or dislike but touching an emotional response in the viewer.
I bring various elements to my work / fauvist coloration…abstract expressionism…figurative impressionism and hopefully a sense of humor.
I have worked from postcard size to very large canvases. I am also a self taught jeweler and created one of a kind pieces using married metals, mixed media as in 14kt gold and transluscent plastics along with nitric acid etching.
My schooling includes: Betzalel School of Art & Design, Jerusalem, Israel / Art Student’s League, NYC, NY / Hunter College, NYC, NY / New School, NYC, NY / Cooper Union, NYC, NY.
Interestingly, though I’ve been creating in some form or other all these years, certain circumstances have pushed me into self-expression as a full time way of existence…enabling me to feel as if I’m in the midst of a fantastic renaissance of creative energy and expression.
Concurrently I have been an impresario of sorts bringing together art, poetry, music and song in various venues and continue to mentor high school students at the Crestone Charter School.
15 MINUTES OF FAME
• While living at Ein Hod, in Israel, I met Martha Graham and Jean Arp, whose cottage I whitewashed.
• I decaled a Rolls-Royce with Peter Max for 3 days, this vehicle is featured in his newest book on a 2 page spread.
• I was featured in GQ magazine as manager of “The Electric Lotus, ” a light show store in the Lower East Side, Manhattan.
• I did a TV commercial with Bert Stern (Libra Studios) for Utica Club beer.
• I was on stage at Woodstock, opening the festival with Swami Satchidananda, chanting OM. I’m also in the movie assisting Swamiji into a tent.
• I spent time in India and Europe with Felix Caviliere of the Young Rascals.
• I massaged James Taylor backstage before a concert in Dallas, Texas.
• I was assistant Art Director for Marty Scorsese’s first Hollywood film, called Box-Car Bertha.