Title Dos Cruces Medium Oil on canvas Size 19 x 23

Gerry Chapleski – Artist Portfolio Magazine

Artist Portfolio Magazine – 2017 Q4 Art Competition

Gerry Chapleski – Broomfield, CO

The search for beauty — real, classic, human, imagined and perceived. Color — the blending, blurring, mixing and total amazingness of it. For years I pushed around pixels. Now I essentially push around liquid plastic. Realism bordering on abstraction. 90% of the time spent carefully rendering an image, the other 10% spent carelessly obliterating it. But — a completely new persona emerges. I force myself to swipe the paint only once. Any more than that just creates an overworked mistake. The preponderance of nudes throughout the history of art. Pop culture, adornment, decoration. Mom, I love you. Portraits: the light of God in the face of humanity. Finally, hopefully paying some sort of irreverent misdirected tribute to all of the great painters, craftsmen and thinkers from the past who came up with all of the great ideas first.

 

Title Dos Cruces Medium Oil on canvas Size 19 x 23
Title
Dos Cruces
Medium
Oil on canvas
Size
19 x 23
Title Goddess #3 Medium Oil on canvas Size 19 x 21
Title
Goddess #3
Medium
Oil on canvas
Size
19 x 21
Title Mona Lisa Closeup Medium Oil on canvas Size 20 x 19
Title
Mona Lisa Closeup
Medium
Oil on canvas
Size
20 x 19
Title China Girl Medium Oil on canvas Size 19 x 20
Title
China Girl
Medium
Oil on canvas
Size
19 x 20

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.