Maciej Zabawa, born in 1981 in Gdańsk, graduated from the School of Applied Arts in Poznań. He received a diploma in mural painting under the supervision of prof. Andrzej Maciej Łubowski and in easel painting under the supervision of prof. Wojciech Sadley. He also runs his own silk art studio. Maciej Zabawa took part in numerous group exhibitions, both in Poland and abroad. Below, you will find his exemplary exhibitions:
• 2nd Triennial of Contemporary Textile Art for the Gdansk Area in 2007,
• 4th and 5th National Biennial of Painting and Unique Fabric in the Pomerania region in 2007 and 2009 respectively,
• Exhibition in the Płock Art Gallery in 2008,
• Exhibition of sculptures made of wooden planks in Rzeszów in 2008 (BWA Rzeszów),
• Exibition Art Now! honourng the 100th anniversary of the Polish Artists Association in Brussels in 2011,
• Exhibition in the Scientific and Technological Park in 2011 honourng the 100th anniversary of the Polish Artists Association,
• Exhibition of Young Art Untouchable as part of the Mediations Biennial in Poznań in 2012.
Maciej Zabawa is a member of the Polish Artists Association (ZPAP) and the Gdańsk Society of Friends of the Arts. He received the following awards:
• third place in the www.artPeriscope.com international competition in 2007,
• 2008 scholarship of Jan Kozłowski, the Mayor of the Pomerania Voivodeship,
• honourable mention in the XVIIth National Confrontations in Leszno, Competition in the Literary and Visual Arts.